Steering Committee - Terms of Reference
28 October 2015, bullet point 1 revised 14 November 2017
- to pursue cooperation and confidence building among the three parties;
- IEC Membership to include - Chairs and Executive Secretaries of all Conformity Assessment Systems and 3 IEC Conformity Assessment Board (CAB) delegates;
- IAF Membership to include – IAF Chair, IAF Vice Chair, IAF Secretary, and IAF Representatives (up to 4) representing Accreditation Body Members, Conformity Assessment Body Association Members, and Industry and User Association Members;
- ILAC Membership to include – Chair, Vice Chair, Relevant ILAC Committee Chair(s); and Secretariat Representative.
- to seek common grounds on issues of mutual interest
- to identity the need for and establish and maintain task forces to deal with specific issues;
- to approve changes to the terms of reference of the task forces;
- to monitor and review the work of the Steering Committee and the agreed task force work;
- to provide assistance to the task forces when required;
- to make decisions on formal acceptance of task force deliverables.